We had so many great questions submitted for our October Q&A!
Myself, Chris and Clair really enjoy filming our monthly Q&A sessions because it’s a great way to help our members and answer direct questions from them.
This month our questions covered a whole range of saxophone issues from dodgy reeds to ligatures, how to memorise scales and even what sound system to use when playing for a friend’s wedding!
Here’s a quick rundown of what we covered in this session:
• Tracey asks how to get better at playing by memory
• Paul gets suggestions on gear for performing live
• Holly and Lance get help with choosing and breaking in reeds
• Dennis gets advice on playing Aerophone
• We discuss Music PDF Apps
• Craig gets help with memorising scales
• Gary asks about the correct placement for his ligature
• Martin asks how to get a velvety sax sound
• Sandra gets help with high notes on sax
• Steve asks about drum machines and backing tracks for performing
• and Marc gets help reading musical shortcuts.
Sax School members: Log in and view this session
Not a member yet but want access?
Watch this session plus our complete library of previous Q&A, Masterclass and Guest Teacher sessions with your Sax School Membership. Plus you’ll also have access to over 600 step by step video lessons and courses for alto and tenor sax!
Latest posts by Nigel McGill (see all)
- Scale Families and how to practice them on saxophone - December 11, 2019
- Dan’s tenor sax comes out of the cupboard - December 6, 2019
- A better way to name your saxophone keys - December 4, 2019