Since the 1980’s Nelson Rangell has been making amazing albums on saxophone AND flute. I’ve been a fan for decades because Nelson is such a consistently brilliant player, and an inspiration to so many others.
Nelson has just released a new album “By Light” (which is brilliant too!) and we caught up on this Guest Session to discuss the project and talk saxophone!
In this Guest Session:
Nelson shares a BUNCH of brilliant information in this session as we discussed his approach to playing, practice and writing for the new album.
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll find inside:
- Who is Nelson’s “number 1” influence and why you should find yours too.
- How to keep “inspiration” in your playing.
- Nelson’s approach to reeds.
- How to “make more music” when you practice and why it’s important.
- Nelson’s process for writing and recording his album (you’ll be surprised!)
- How to capture great melody ideas easily.
- Nelson’s essential saxophone practice exercise.
- How to setup your “Home Recording” studio for saxophone like Nelson.
Sax School Members: Log in and view the Nelson Rangell Guest Session
Not a member but want to view this lesson?
As a member you’ll get instant access to this session and all the other amazing Guest Sessions inside Sax School.
Plus, you will have access to our incredible library of lessons, courses and Student Pathways to help you learn faster on alto or tenor sax.
Latest posts by Nigel McGill (see all)
- Gilbert plays classical saxophone - September 13, 2019
- Why Playing by Ear is Important with Michael Lington - September 12, 2019
- Michael Lington Guest Session Interview with Sax School - September 11, 2019